The Operations Division encompasses many facets of life in the Oconee County Schools. It is comprised of the following: Grounds Management, Custodial Services Program, Facility Planning, Construction, Building Maintenance and Transportation.
Core Values and Beliefs:
- We respect the individual and believe that individuals who are treated with respect and given responsibility respond by giving their best.
- We require complete honesty and integrity in everything we do.
- We make commitments with care, and then live up to them. In all things, we do what we say we are going to do.
- Work is an important part of life, and it should be enjoyable. Being a good employee does not mean being stuffy and boring.
- We compare ourselves to other facility organizations, both private and public.
- We are frugal. We guard and conserve the county’s resources with at least the same vigilance that we would use to guard and conserve our own personal resources.
- We insist on giving our best effort in everything we undertake. Furthermore, we see the difference between “good mistakes” (best effort, bad result) and “bad mistakes” (sloppiness or lack of effort).
- We share our mistakes with others to have a common goal; we can use information to learn and grow with the school district.
- Clarity in understanding our mission, our goals and what we expect from each other is critical to our success.
- We believe in the Golden Rule. In all our dealings we strive to be friendly and courteous, as well as fair and compassionate.
- We see a sense of urgency on any matters related to our customers. We own problems and we are always responsive. We are customer-driven.
Jake Grant, Chief Operations Officer
Alana Saul, District Operations Secretary
Steven Bridenbaugh, Director of Maintenance
Debra Crowell, Maintenance Secretary
Duane Peterson, Director of Transportation
Debbie Allen, Transportation Secretary