• North Oconee High School works closely with three local colleges and Georgia Tech through our Dual Enrollment program.  We have a flowchart that provides a step by step process for students to follow to complete the dual enrollment process successfully.  Please review the chart below for your dual enrollment school of choice.


    Athens Technical College

    University of North Georgia - Oconee Campus

    University of Georgia

    Georgia Tech

    NOHS hosted a parent/student information night on November 12, 2019 at 6:00 pm in the Fine Arts Auditorium.  The following powerpoints are available to provide supplemental information from the evening.
    NOHS Dual Enrollment Presentation (Slideshow from January 20, 2022)

    Athens Tech Dual Enrollment Presentation (Presentation from November 11, 2020)

    UNG Dual Enrollment PowerPoint (Presentation from November, 2020)

    North Oconee High School also participates in the Georgia Tech Distance Learning Calculus program.  The link below outlines the requirements for the program. Students should talk with their math teachers to discuss whether this program is a good fit for their academic plans.   
    Several steps have to be followed to ensure a successful Dual Enrollment process.  The Georgia Department of Education has a Dual Enrollment agreement that colleges are required to have completed.  It is inlcuded in the documentation located in GaFutures.org.(Beginning April, 2020). 
    Dual Enrollment courses will not be paid until ALL items are completed on the checklist listed above and submitted to the college and school counselor.
    *** When selecting classes, you can check the type of course credit (ex: Core, Elective) you will receive through the Course Directory. Make sure to choose the academic year and collegiate institution for your search. Only academic/CORE dual enrollment courses are weighted for the HOPE Scholarship and NOHS weighted GPA calculation.  Elective/(CTAE) dual enrollment courses are NOT awarded weight under GSFC or Oconee County Schools.
    ****Students with an IEP or 504 should note that their services are not automatically transferred to the college they are attending for dual enrollment.  The student should contact student services at the college to determine what is needed to qualify for modifications/accommodations.