Welcome to the DCES PTO!
- PTO membership does not obligate you to volunteer (although we love volunteers!). The funds received from PTO membership help the PTO fund all of the committees that support the students and staff throughout the year, such as staff appreciation, accelerated reader incentives, book fair decorations, and more. Every little bit helps us love our staff and students that much more!
- We have a Celebration Fund to ensure that every staff member is celebrated on his or her birthday. This fund also helps pay for monthly staff appreciation events sponsored by the classes and decreases the number of times that Room Reps will need to collect money. The suggested donation amount is $25/child, but any amount is helpful!
- Use the links under the PTO tab to find a list of the staff’s favorite things, link to our forms (use “PTO Form” to join, order Spirit Wear, donate to the Celebration Fund and/or order Dragongrams for the year in one place!) as well as other important PTO information.
- PTO has a Facebook page for parents and teachers of Dove Creek. This Facebook page keeps everyone up-to-date about school events and is also a great place to ask questions! Search “Dove Creek Elementary School PTO.”
- This year we are raising money for a track, enhancements to our basketball court that will allow it to be used as a multi-purpose court, and outdoor eating space!
- Each year PTO gives the Teacher of the Year winner a $250 gift to spend in the classroom. This year the gift was awarded to Mrs. Barrie. We are able to do this because of the generosity shown during the membership drive, so thank you!
- Every 9 weeks PTO sponsors awards for the students who have met their Accelerated Reader goal.
- PTO LOVES to show support to our teachers and staff, and that is where we spend most of the money from the membership drive. Each month a different grade level sponsors a staff appreciation event and in December and May the entire school participates in appreciation luncheons. We couldn’t do this without the support of all of the parents, and PTO is very thankful for each of you!