What is PTO and why should I join?
- A school volunteer organization that supports students and teachers through fundraising efforts, volunteer opportunities, and an annual membership drive. We focus strongly on supporting our teachers and staff as much as possible throughout the year as well as enhancing opportunities and resources for the students.
Why we need you:
- PTO events and committees require a lot of volunteers as well as financial resources. Our success is dependent on parent involvement!
Ways you can support PTO:
- Financially support our membership drive (this funds all committees throughout the year)
- PTO “points” go towards a classroom competition; winning classes in each grade win a popsicle party and top 2 classes (K-2 and 3-5) get to visit the Kona Ice truck on 9/2!
- Volunteer for a committee
- Support various fundraisers throughout the year (financial and volunteer)
- Attend scheduled Spirit Nights at local restaurants
- Respond to opportunities to donate items and/or money to support the staff
- Connect your Amazon account to AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com - choose Dove Creek Elementary PTO)
- Dove Creek PTO receives 0.5% of all purchases
What has PTO done over the last year?
- Completed fundraising for an outdoor classroom, a sensory pathway, and 3d structures and artwork for the Media Center
- Purchased the Accelerated Reader license for the school year
- Hosted different staff appreciation events every month, including Christmas and end-of-year staff luncheons
- Provided daily treats for staff during Teacher Appreciation Week