Phone: 706-769-7941 ext. 1005
Degrees and Certifications:
My name is Jill Whitesell, BSN, RN. I am the school nurse for Oconee County Primary School. My husband David and I have three daughters and one grandson. We have lived in Oconee County since 1992. I graduated from UNC-CH School of Nursing in 1988. I love working with the children at the Primary School. They are a constant source of love and humor. When not at work, I enjoy swimming, hiking, reading and spending time with my family and our crazy pets.
“If you don’t take care of your body, where are you going to live?” ~Unknown
Here are a few guidelines that I would like everyone to be aware of:
- Make sure your child eats a healthy breakfast every morning. Our brains need “fuel” to run properly.
- If your child has a temperature 100.4 degrees or greater, please keep them home until they are fever-free for 24 hours without medication.
- If a child becomes ill at school (vomiting, diarrhea, etc.), I will call you to arrange for pick-up. Please keep them at home until they are symptom-free for 24 hours without medication.
- If you have found lice or treated for lice in your child's hair, please notify me. I want to discreetly, but aggressively, protect children and classrooms from repeated occurrences by doing rechecks or classroom checks where needed.
- Elementary students may not carry medication to school. Parents must drop it off in the school clinic with proper documentation and complete a Medication Administration form.
- Medication administration in school should be discouraged unless medically necessary for the student's health, safety, and optimal learning. Whenever possible, medications should be given at home, before or after school.
- If your child must have medication of any type during school hours, including over the counter or prescription medications, an "Administration of Medication" form must be completed and returned to me.
Please feel free to contact me at any time with questions or health concerns.
My office number 706-769-7941 ext. 1005
Phone Numbers and Emergency Contacts:
In order to facilitate reaching parents of sick children, please remember to update emergency information in PowerSchool with any change in home, work, and cell phone numbers. Please also supply names and phone numbers of friends and or relatives who can be called if parents are not available.