Degrees and Certifications:
Ed.S. Early Childhood Education ~ Valdosta State UniversityM.A.T. Early Childhood Education ~ Liberty UniversityB.B.A. ~ The University of GeorgiaGifted Endorsement ~ Northeast Georgia RESA
Mrs. Kelly Jones
I am thrilled to be your child's second grade teacher!
- I have been married to Matt Jones, an Athens native and graduate of Clarke Central, for 12 years.
- I have two children ~ Ella Kate, 6 years old (Kindergartner at DCES), Ava, 4 years old, and a Pug named Mr. Puggers.
- I live in Oconee County, and my family and I attend Athens Church.
- High School: 1998, Coffee County - Citizens Christian Academy
- Undergrad: 2002, The University of Georgia - BBA
- Graduate: 2010, Liberty University, M.A.T. Early Childhood
- Specialist: 2012, Valdosta State University, Early Childhood
- Gifted Endorsement: 2010, Northeast Georgia RESA
- Reading Endorsement: 2012, Valdosta State University
I started my professional teaching in Clarke County substitute teaching at various schools. I was hired as a second grade teacher at Gaines Elementary School in Clarke County in 2008. I taught there for four years in second grade. I transitioned to Oconee Elementary School in 2012 and taught fourth grade there until this year.