Colham Ferry Elementary Mustangs succeed by being:
Motivated, Responsible, and Safe
PBIS: A Positive Approach
Students, faculty, and staff are recognized and rewarded for effort and performance in exceeding expectations.
Our goal is to help each child develop self-discipline in order to make good choices. Together the home, school, and community share the responsibility for developing good citizens. Parents, teachers, and students must work together to maintain a safe learning environment.
How does PBIS work?
- Expectations for student behavior are defined by a building-based team with input from all staff.
- Appropriate student behavior is taught throughout the day.
- Positive behaviors are publicly acknowledged.
- Problem behaviors have clear consequences. Discipline is implemented consistently by staff and administration.
- Student behavior is monitored and staff receive regular feedback about student progress.
- An Action Plan is in place for a school wide, consistent approach in working with students, parents, and teachers to change unexpected behaviors and maximize instructional time.
Mustang Matrix and School Wide Intervention and Support Flow Chart
2018-2019 Yearly Snapshot
2016-2017 BoQ score: 92%