Degrees and Certifications:
BS Biology, Georgia Institute of Technology BSN, RN, Medical College of Georgia Georgia Association School Nurses BLS Sigma Theta Tau
We are so fortunate to have a full-time nurse for each of our schools here in Oconee County and I am excited to join the ranks! My husband and I have lived in Oconee County since 2009 after moving here from Charlotte, N.C. We have 3 children.
Since becoming a registered nurse in 2005 my nursing background has been in the cardiac care unit, medical-ICU and the ED. I am looking forward to serving the families at Dove Creek Elementary School as the school nurse! My goal is to provide a healthy and safe environment for our students and staff.
Here are a few guidelines that I would like everyone to be aware of:
- Make sure your child eats a healthy breakfast every morning. Our brains need “fuel” to run properly!
- If your child has a temperature greater than 100.4 degrees, keep them home until they are fever-free for 24 hours without medication.
- If a child becomes ill at school (vomiting, diarrhea, etc.), I will call you to arrange for pick-up. Please keep them at home until they are symptom-free for 24 hours without medication.
- If you have found and or treated for lice in your child's hair, please notify me. I want to discreetly, but aggressively, protect children and classrooms from repeated occurrences.
- Elementary students may not carry medication to school. Parents must drop it off in the school clinic with proper documentation.
- Medication administration in school should be discouraged unless medically necessary for the student's health, safety, and optimal learning. Whenever possible, medications should be given at home, before or after school.
- If your child must have medication of any type during school hours, including over the counter or prescription medications, an "Administration of Medication" or Self-Administration of Medication" form must be obtained, completed and returned to me.
Please feel free to contact me at any time with questions or health concerns.
My office number is 706-310-2019 ext. 1202
Phone Numbers and Emergency Contacts:
In order to facilitate reaching parents/guardians of sick children, please remember to update emergency information in PowerSchool with any change in home, work, and cell phone numbers. Please also supply names and phone numbers of friends and/or relatives who can be called if you are not available.
If you are going out of town please send a note to school with information regarding who will be responsible for your child/children in your absence.