Contact Information:High Shoals Elementary School401 Hopping RoadBishop, Georgia 30621Phone: 706.310.1985Fax: 706.310.1986School Hours:
7:45 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Information about HSES:
- High Shoals is an extraordinary school focused on academic excellence. Our priority is student learning insuring every student is challenged to achieve and exceed grade level state standards. We use Learning Focused strategies that encompass the best teaching practices for today’s students. Professional learning for the faculty and staff is developed using the National School Reform Faculty model, better known as Critical Friends Group or CFGs.
- HSES has an extraordinary faculty of teachers who excel professionally and are innovative, enthusiastic, and dedicated to providing an excellent education for all students.
- All of our teachers are certified in gifted education!
- We offer our students a balanced academic program in our core curriculum with a strong emphasis on reading/language arts, math and writing.
- HSES follows the Learning Focused School model by increasing achievement with exemplary practices.
- HSES also participates in Professional Learning Communities with CFGs.
- Students at HSES conduct themselves in a manner which allows teachers to teach, allows students to learn, and which does not violate the best interest of any person in the school community.