The Operations Division encompasses many facets of life in the Oconee County Schools. It is comprised of the following: Grounds Management, Custodial Services Program, Facility Planning, Construction, Building Maintenance, and Transportation.
Core Values and Beliefs:
- We respect the individual and believe that individuals who are treated with respect and given responsibility respond by giving their best.
- We require complete honesty and integrity in everything we do.
- We make commitments with care, and then live up to them. In all things, we do what we say we are going to do.
- Work is an important part of life, and it should be enjoyable. Being a good employee does not mean being stuffy and boring.
- We compare ourselves to other facility organizations, both private and public.
- We are frugal. We guard and conserve the county’s resources with at least the same vigilance that we would use to guard and conserve our own personal resources.
- We insist on giving our best effort in everything we undertake. Furthermore, we see the difference between “good mistakes” (best effort, bad result) and “bad mistakes” (sloppiness or lack of effort).
- We share our mistakes with others to have a common goal; we can use information to learn and grow with the school district.
- Clarity in understanding our mission, our goals and what we expect from each other is critical to our success.
- We believe in the Golden Rule. In all our dealings we strive to be friendly and courteous, as well as fair and compassionate.
- We see a sense of urgency on any matters related to our customers. We own problems and we are always responsive. We are customer-driven.
Brock Toole, Chief Operations Officer
Fred Ricketson, Director of Facilities
Alana Saul, District Operations Secretary
Steven Bridenbaugh, Director of Maintenance
Debra Crowell, Maintenance Secretary
Duane Peterson, Director of Transportation
Alisa Butler, Transportation Secretary