Phone: 706-769-3575 ext. 1600
Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Sally Fowler
After retiring from a long and successful career in executive management in the insurance industry, I decided to enter the teaching profession because of a deep desire to contribute to the community and to our children in a significant way. Teaching was something I had always wanted to do, and I found through my years in management that coaching and mentoring was what I most enjoyed about my first career. I acquired a Master of Arts in Teaching from Piedmont College in December 2010 and have been teaching at Oconee Middle School since then.
Statement of Professional Goals
- Be an effective educator with demonstrated success through the success of my students and based on the assessment of colleagues and administrators.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with parents and maintain regular communication via email and phone calls, minimally monthly.
- Be an integral team player in my department, school and district.
- Continue my professional development through onsite development opportunities, reading current research and attending seminars/webinars available through various organizations and the state department of education.
- Become actively involved in Council for Exceptional Children and Professional Association of Georgia Educators.
- Serve on school or district committees as needed, and cultivate opportunities to demonstrate leadership skills.
- Accept additional sponsorship roles with organizations within the school in order to increase my visibility in the student community.
My Personal Philosophy of Education
It is my role as an educator to:
- Provide a safe learning environment where every sincere question is a good one.
- Respect all students as unique individuals with distinctive talents to offer and honor the diversity present in every student.
- Guide students in finding and developing their best selves.
- Teach students knowledge and skills that will equip them to succeed at their maximum potential in the world.
- Cultivate students’ firm understandings of their responsibilities of citizenship in the country and the world.
- Advocate for students within the school, community and world.
It is also my role to constantly assess my own performance in accomplishing the above, and to modify my approaches ceaselessly until I achieve success.