The Georgia Department of Labor has implemented an Online Work Permit System. This system will allow work permit applicants to enter their information electronically. To access the system, applicants should complete the following steps:
- Click the Online Work Permit link
- Select the "Minor" option
- Enter personal information, verify accuracy, and click submit
- Print a copy of the Work Permit Data Sheet to give to your employer -- the employer will use the printed copy of the data sheet to complete their information online. If the employer does not have Internet access, he/she must complete the Data Sheet manually and return it to the minor. The minor will then submit the Data Sheet to the issuing officer (school system).
- Issuing officer verifies all information has been entered correctly, clicks submit/confirm to certify the permit, then prints a copy of the completed Work Permit for the minor to present to the employer.