Oconee County Schools will begin its next phase of reopening on Mon., June 29. Schools and district offices will continue to be open. At this point, we remain unable to accommodate walk-ins, so please call or email to make an appointment. All emails can be found at oconeeschools.org/directory. Every effort will be made to meet virtually, but in some cases in-person meetings may be necessary. To that end, below is our visitor protocol so that you can know what to expect if you visit us in-person this summer.
- Visitors need to call the school office to make an appointment for registration and/or meetings.
- All visitors should be made aware that by virtue of arriving on campus, they acknowledge that they are not aware that they have COVID-19 or any associated signs or symptoms including a temperature above 100.3 degrees Fahrenheit, and that they have not been in close contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19. (Close contact is defined as within 6 feet for a period of 15 minutes or longer.)
- Visitors should check in at the front desk to conduct face to face business. Visitors should wait in the lobby area rather than the physical office.
- Meetings should occur in a room where everyone can sit 6 feet apart.
- Masks should be worn when social distancing cannot occur.
- After an in-person meeting, staff should disinfect the area with COVID-19 approved cleaner.
- Students registering for kindergarten will not be screened. Assessment data may be gathered when in-person classes resume.
- Visitors are asked to come in individually when possible. It is understood that some visitors may need to bring their children.
- Deliveries should be left in the lobby area.
We look forward to serving you.